Monday, March 8, 2010

WEEK 4

What did I learn this week?  I need to improve my balance if my results in the weekly challenge were anything to go by.  It was actually really funny, Lu and I tried one leg - 10 secs and then I fell over and then the other, 5 secs follwed by falling over.  I will argue in my defence that it was after a fairly intense PT session.  We're going to incorporate more balance work into my program and I have resolved to go back to doing my old physio balance exercises (I have a looooooooonnnnnnnggggggggg history of ankle injuries which stuffs the nerves ability to understand how they are meant to be balancing, they need retraining). Am really loving PT - with Lu my primary trainer and working with Jen, Kiah and Michelle intermittently.  2 PT sessions a week are great for keeping me focussed, allowing me to get the best results from my training and really helps me manage stress.   

All my hard work seems to be paying off - measurements this week and I've lost a consistent 3-5cm of each measurement.  People are starting to comment on it which is nice, you can't see it yourself really and I wear a lot of stretch so am not really noticing it in my clothes yet. I have so much more energy, energy to go walking around the lake with my girl friends, to go out and then still hit the gym.  I'm feeling confident about making my food choices - my friends are really supportive and we seem to have a nice dynamic occuring of all of us getting a little more focussed on our health.  We've just swapped a regular schnitzel night for the much healthier option of burritos and the sight of us all discussing the nutritional panel to work out what was the best option for each of us from the menu was really quite amusing.  It has to be a realistic change - what works with your life, what doesn't.  Denial of everything will only lead to bingeing and then beating yourself up about bad choices so why start the circle in the first place.  Think I'm getting a much better hang of this as an idea

No comments:

Post a Comment