Monday, April 26, 2010

Week 11

Rising from the ashes is a good metaphor for the last week.  Made group training! Was brilliant to see the girls and how well they were doing.  Realised between life and public holidays I needed to start to make up my group PT sessions.  One of the girls asked me why I bothered - I wasn't going to win the national challenge.  It's not about that for me, it's about a sense of completion.  I know what I need to do to complete the challenge and 12 group pt sessions is one of those things.  It's the same way I've plugged away at my journal in draft form, even if I haven't managed to get them posted.  This is something I've committed to and I want to see it through. Really enjoyed seeing the different dynamics of the other two groups I worked with.

Weigh in on Tuesday was just as scary as I thought it would be - gained nearly 2 kgs.  Was a really good wake up call however.  I didn't chicken out and just not go because the results would be bad, I went, faced the music and now I know what I needed to do to get back on track.  I got strict with myself, no shortcuts, no excuses and no slip ups.  It's not sustainable long term but it is manageable and I managed to undo the damage I'd done by the end of the week. I can see a goal I've had for the longest time being in sight and I sooooooooo want to achieve it by the end of the challenge.

Really impressed with how quickly my fitness came back after the flu, couldn't have done this at all 11 weeks ago.  I survived a half hour cardio PT sessions.  I did a full minute of high knees.  Lu & I high fived each other afterwards we were so excited.  Managed to usher 3 shows at the Street Theatre, do the Dawn Service for Anzac day and get to work and hit the gym.  WOOT! The end is in sight.  I'm going to do this and I'm going to be great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment