Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Week 8

Really cruddy week.  6 months of anticipation pulled out from under me in one moment of someone not being able to plan.  Work went to hell in a handbasket as I mentioned in my last update. Got to the gym when I could but Easter really threw a spanner in the works.   On a lovely note, my parents were here visiting and I got to spend part of Mum's birthday with her.  Made a really good dinner (curry with loads of veges and a low fat birthday cake) and it was just lovely.  What has been interesting is the difference that both Mum & Dad have noticed in me - apparently my body is significantly smaller, my energy levels are really up and my reliance on my asthma medication down.  They were very impressed with me heading off to the gym despite them being there.    Easter itself was great, working as a coordinator at the National Folk Festival meant that I did a huge amount of running around and I doubt that I would have managed it without the additional fitness I've built through the challenge.  Managed to make good food choices despite the temptations and defeat the evil ever encroaching chocolate monster.

In a high light for the week though I held a plank on my toes for over a minute!!!!! I've never ever done that before.  Felt amazing to be able to accomplish it. Lu has been working with me for 6 -8 months but because we normally do them at the end of a session, it was incredible to see how strong my core had become.  Was so excited! Measurements were pretty good, again with a 3-5cm loss generally except for my lower leg.  Serves me right for doing the big weights and not balancing it out with cardio to streamline my muscles rather than build bulk.  The girls assure me that this should be easily rectified.  Fingers crossed for the final weigh in and measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment