Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 2 - Motivation VS Weariness, the epic battle

 Hmmm, day 2.  Thank heavens for a later start this morning.  I have group slim at 7 so I sleep in for an hour and get up at 6.  I'm a little better organised today... well up until the point I hit the gym and realise I have no socks.  Okay, so we'll just do the slim session and then breakfast and come back in the afternoon.  It's great to see so many familiar faces for the Get Real Results challenge.  Wendy is very open to moving the session to 7.15 to allow people to do pump before hand - another demonstration of the flexibility of the girls in helping us meet our needs. Some of my GRR old team are in the session this morning and its funny how easily we fall into the old patterns.  O & I are definitely the bad girls of our table and get the giggles regularly throughout the session due to active senses of the ridiculous. Wendy keeps an eye on us.

The session is really good - looking at goal setting, using the SMART methodology.  We look at a 6 week and a 12 week goal and what are the values that resonate with us regarding that goal.  I want to drop a dress size in 6 weeks which is possible if I'm really focused as well as riding 20km on the bike in 45 minutes.  My 12 week goal is to reduce my current body weight by 10% and to create a pattern of hitting the gym a minimum of 4 times a week.  The trainers and slim consultants will work with us to reach these goals as well as giving advice if they think we are reaching a little too high in the timeframe.

A quick breakfast and I'm off to work.  Feeling really in control today food wise, knowing I've got my snacks at work all planned.  Work stress levels are high but I'm not interested in the junk food on the floor.  Bought a really nice herbal tea and have swapped that for a couple of coffees so I get my hot beverage hit.  This also means that I eat lunch which I have a really bad habit of skipping if I'm busy.   Have found some great wasabi rice crackers that go really well with my tuna salad for lunch.  Plus the wasabi kick helps with a little bit of sinus.

First slim session of the challenge - Leanne notices I've put on a couple of kilos since my last weigh in but recognises that this one was in November last year and it's not surprising given Christmas and lack of regular exercise.  She's very positive and future looking, excited to see my motivation. We have a look at the food plan I've done for the week.  It gets the thumbs up with a gentle reminder to watch my portion size.  I walk out feeling I can get back on track successfully and really achieve some goals over the next 12 weeks.

Change into gym gear (socks acquired on a side trip on my way to the gym) and hit the stationary bike.  With my goal in mind I start to push myself a bit more, hitting the intervals a bit harder and resting less.  12.5km in 35 minutes.  Hmmm. Not bad but need to do some planning to meet my six week goal. Will use this week as a benchmark and see how I go.  I know the girls will be on hand if I get stuck.

Lu's back! My fabulous personal trainer who has been on maternity leave is back.  We're going to continue in the same theme as the wonderful Kiah (who looked after me while Lu was away) and continue to rehab and rebuild my shoulders and upper body strength. Oh and hammer the legs as well.  Squats of doom commence, as well as fit ball chest press, rows, abs and planks. This also means the return of the 30 reps rather than the 20 reps - it's Lu's favourite.  Really good session, feel quite smashed afterwards.  My meander home is a little less brisk than normal... as I try to pursuade it that 60 squats really didn't make my legs feel the way they do.

Get home and flop. Know I need to eat dinner soon particularly after the work out.  Cooking doesn't appeal. Have a look at my plan for the week and swap a lunch and a dinner around.  Goats cheese on pumpkin sourdough with a big salad of rocket and tomato. mmmmm plus its is on the table in just over 5 minutes. Win!

Start craving something sweet so I do a quick check of how I'm tracking and make myself a cup of cocoa (water) with a splash of skim milk and a sugar.  Hits the spot and I'm done for the day foodwise.  Yet again I manage to avoid getting to bed before 11 due to a late phone call from a friend having job issues.  Must work on this cos 5am tomorrow is going to hurt.

1 comment: