Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day 7 - And on the 7th day, she rested

The universe was telling me to stop today. It was absolutely hammering down today at the time that shu_shu and I normally confirm our walk around the lake and we decided that for the first time in 12 months, we'd cancel our walk and just do breakfast at my place.  I made some eggs with the herbs from my garden with a quick stirfry of zucchini and cherry tomatoes.  MMMMM.  I found out recently that apparently zucchini has a natural MSG or flavour enhancing quality so seem to be adding it to everything recently.   shu_shu and I worked out that our plan last year for inclemency had been to walk later in the morning and window shop so we now have a back up strategy in case of future rain.

My body was tired today.  Really bone deep weary.  I was feeling ambivalent about hitting the gym (my plans had included a balance class and a ride) so I decided to listen to my body and rest.  I pottered about the house, doing several loads of washing and more importantly folding the 4 loads of clean washing which were trying to eat the bathroom.  I watched many many people die horribly in a variety of ways in Midsomer County (why would anyone live there?) and it was fabulous.

Knowing I was teaching friends how to make pizza dough at dinner, I had a couple of light snacks throughout the day but didn't have a big meal.   They picked me up just before 5 and we wandered off to the supermarket for flour and yeast and pizza toppings.  Back to their place (we discussed there was no way for me to hold my rolling pin of doom which did not appear threatening apart from in both hands over pastry or dough).  The art of pizza dough 101 was held and we settled in to watch the Devil Wears Prada.  Is it so wrong that I want to be Miranda Priestly when I grow up? 

The benefit of making pizza at home is that you can control the toppings on it and not drown the pizza in cheese.  Really really tasty pizzas.  Oh my god, finding the tiny pieces of poacher's pantry smoked duck.  Taste sensations!  A couple of drinks but only a couple and home by 9.30.  A really good day.  Tomorrow is the weigh in from my first week.  Would like to see some progress but am a little nervous.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment