Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 9 - Gah

Wow, did anyone get the number of the mountain that fell on me? Woke up when the alarm went off, attempted to roll over and realised that while the spirit was willing the body was using very strong language to suggest more sleep. I'd been meaning to get to Group Slim at 7 and to do a quick bike ride but I think the thing I'm understanding better this challenge is that I need to respect what my body is telling me.  I roll over and sleep for another hour and a half and still feel like a mountain fell on me but it's a slightly smaller mountain.  Less Mt Everest, more Mount Snowdon.  Have some breakfast and struggle to the office.


I'm using slim cheese slices as a snack.  I love my cheese.  It's probably my greatest food passion.  I need to balance that love of it with eating sensibly and denial is not the strategy to use.  So I'm using the slices as an everyday option and keeping the really good quality cheese for special occasions.  If people can social smokers, why can't I be a social cheese eater?  


I'm finding that prioritising my exercise is having benefits for my work day as well.  By making sure I take my breaks, I'm being more productive in the time that I'm in the office.   Take today for example, we have a CEO update scheduled over lunch (they cater but I'm not sure what they'll cater so I bring my own lunch).  It's done by 1.30 so I head off to the gym for half hour bike ride. 


Start to feel like I'm making some really good progress with the project I'm currently working on.  Is a good sense of achievement and I celebrate with a fruit snack tub. Apricots today!.


Back to the gym, I'm feeling fairly good as I settle in for bike ride number 2 of the day.  I'm knocking off about 20km a day on the bike at a min setting of 6 and feeling pretty good about it.  I finish up and dash into Combat.  I can't speak highly enough about how much I enjoy this class.  Did I feel like a right idiot the first couple of times? Yes. Did this stop me from enjoying the class and getting better? Not at all.  Combat is a combination of martial arts (karate, muy thai, kung fu), tai chi and boxing.  Such a rush.  I'm sweating like a sweating thing when I stagger home.  The stairs on exit out of the gym seem particularly cruel tonight.


Collapse on the couch and thank heavens for leftovers, my curry tastes even better today than it did yesterday, the eggplant has gotten to the exact consistency I love. Mmmm.  Am planning to make cycle in the morning.  Will see how I go, am very weary.  Looks like I'm going to make my plan for an early night primarily as I'm really struggling to keep my eyes open.  Night all...

No comments:

Post a Comment