Saturday, February 6, 2010

Me and Fernwood and the Foxy Challenge

I've got quite a history with Fernwood.  I joined the Brisbane City Fernwood in its opening week and developed a love of gym based exercise with them.  When I moved to Sydney, I briefly was with the Fernwood at Wynyard but 70 hour working weeks aren't conducive to a happy gym routine.  After moving to Yass, I was able to join Canberra City while I worked in the city and was getting some great results. Fate intervened and my work location meant that I was no longer able to get to the gym.  Following some life changing events in September 2008 and move to Braddon in Canberra, I rejoined the Fernwood in Civic and Wendy and her team have made me feel welcome, supported and challenged. 

I've tried other gyms (at least 5) and Fernwood is the only one that seems to mesh with me and my lifestyle.  I like the great feeling of community that they actively develop, it is clean and doesn't smell funny (trust me, its a thing) and boy is it convenient being right in the middle of my 20 min walk to the office.

Last year the girls persuaded me to try the Get Real Results challenge and I had a great time.  It reallly focused me and got me exercising seriously.  The second half of the year hit and I had some ... life going on and got out of my routine.  When Wendy talked to me about the Foxy challenge kicking off in Feb 2010 I thought it was a great way to rebuild that routine.

I'm a girly swot.  I know that about myself.  I'm used to being good at things.  The fact that this challenge is points based makes it tailor made for my competitive little soul.  I can see a number directly correlating to effort plus I have all the girls at the gym making sure that I don't overdo things and hurt myself.

Bring it on, lets get foxy!

No comments:

Post a Comment