Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 8 - Wow

The fact that it was pouring with rain this morning may have been a contributing factor to me staying in bed rather than getting up at 5 to head off to the gym by 6.  The other factor may have been that Monday's I finish choir rehearsal at 9 in the evening having dashed there from the gym following a group PT session. I say dash, stagger may be more appropriate. I'm finding one of the changes I've noticed from my first week is that I'm not scrabbling about for solutions when I need to have a meal at home whether that is breakfast, lunch or dinner.    Take breakfast for example, because I've planned I can just grab some weetbix, add a spoon of sultanas, a teaspoon of sugar and go from there.  Makes me feel a lot more confident about making the right choice.   

Today was D day or weigh day for week one.  Even though it was in the evening, it did linger on my mind a bit. I knew how hard I'd worked and really wanted a good result to show for it.  The old fears kept coming back and I could feel myself starting to find all the excuses for a poor result despite the work.  Had those 3 drinks on Sunday night undone all my efforts?  The home made pizza?   

The draw of healthy choice awesome provided me a nice lunch and snacks for the day.  I had to stop myself being stupid and not eating, this isn't about starving myself for a good result, its about making some healthy choices that benefit my lifestyle and get me to achieve my goals.  My afternoon is filled with meetings which helps distract me from the scales that lie in my future.

Get to gym - hop on a bike until Leanne is able to see me.  We jump right into the deep end and hop on the scales.  Wow. Okay, that was far less painful than I've been making it all day.  I lost SEVEN PERCENT body fat in one week.  I'm gobsmacked.  Plus the 1.5kg weight loss really didn't hurt at all either.  I'm really really happy.  I'm also pretty damn happy to hear that I've topped the challenge for our gym this week.  Our team is in 5th place but I'm not sure that all our team members have been remembering to record their points each trip.   

Back onto the bike.  45 minutes later I've done 15km and am a tad warm and sweaty.  We're going to start our group PT session with the endurance challenge for the week which is holding a isolated wall squat for as long as possible while holding a min of a 2kg weight.  We all aim for a minute and we manage to do it!  Our group PT session tonight is boxing.  Tam (Tamara) our team leader regularly runs the boxing workshops at Canberra city and is one of the toughest boxing coaches I've worked with.  We work out guts out for 45 minutes.  It's a mix of speed, conditioning, strength, all about keeping our heart rates up as we jab, cross, uppercut and high punch our way through the session.  There's an evil set at the end that involves punching for 20 secs followed by a plank for 20 secs repeated for 2 minutes.  It nearly kills us all and we lie like a bunch of stunned mullets at the end of the session. 

Get to rehearsal a bit later than normal as we ran a little over time.  I'm knacked.  Absolutely knackered.  The music is lovely and manages to give me the energy to go on.   Miss C and I sing our way through the tenor parts (I'm having fun singing tenor, have previously sung alto and soprano) some beautiful harmony lines.  I throw together a quick pork, zucchini and eggplant curry when we get back to mine just after 9.  Yay for leftovers for lunch for tomorrow.

Really happy with my first week, now to keep it going!

No comments:

Post a Comment