Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 5 Hitting the Wall

Oh that wall. There it is.  Friday morning the alarm went off at 5 and I ... didn't.  I'd plan to hit the RPM glass at 6.05 but I just needed some sleep.  I'm trying to listen to what my body needs and not burn myself out so I reset the alarm and got up at 7.30. Really struggled with getting going.  Made sure I had some breakfast (having some choices at home makes things so much easy), walked out the door, realised I'd forgotten my dinner and headed back to collect it.  Got stuck into taskmargeddon once I hit the office.  I think I'm making progress but it's still a little over whelming.

Had a look at my gym timetable and spot a spin class at lunch. Have a quick snack about half an hour before I'm planning on leaving. This sleeping in thing has put my schedule out it feels foodwise. All feels a bit late. Head off to the gym only to find that the instructors can't make it. Bugger. Adele mentions that the pump class is on so decide to that. My it's been a while since I did pump.  I watch my weights and pace myself.  Still do it a bit tough. Realise that I need to drop my upper body weights to look after my shoulder so I do.  Its still frurstrating but I know it's getting stronger, I just have to be patient.

My legs are screaming after pump so I jump on a bike for half an hour.  I know from listening to my instructors that turning my legs over will help flush the lactic acid from my muscles and also help me get to my goal of 20km.  I'm feeling so much better. The happy endorphins are obviously starting to kick in.

Back to work, focus, focus, focus.  Focus made much easier by the consumption of lunch.  Yay for lunch.  I've got a big night planned but I've made a commitment to myself that I'm heading back to gym before the pub.  Knowing I'm going out, I  put in a much higher intensity half hour on the bike which leaves me huffing and puffing.  Once I'm at the pub I think about having a drink but am not really in the mood so grab a diet coke.  The girls head off and I tuck into my dinner. Mmmm stirfry with a hint of chilli. Knowing it was there meant that I didn't stress about it or pick a cruddy choice. I know I've got a day tomorrow which I can't really control the catering so making good choices today takes some of the pressure off.    The show is fabulous and  I slowly meander my way home.  Tired but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment