Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Foxy Challenge - Day 1

I'm going to try and blog about the previous day for each day of the challenge for my own record to see how I went, what I felt, what happened.
Day 1

Out of bed at 5 in the morning to ensure I meet C at 5.50. Really should have planned a bit better and packed my bags etc the night before.

In the gym by 6 for some basic stretching prior to body combat. Is nice to see the class filling up a bit. M (the instructor) welcomes me back. Ok, first class in a month or so is tough! Some great low impact options are offered and I just keep going. Look like I've been hit by a case of tomatoes when I finish but I make it all the way through! Now for some breakfast.

I feel pretty good about my food choices throughout the day - I'm aware and thinking about it which is a start. Stop off to buy some lunch and snack options to keep at the office. Have a working lunch today - at the dumpling house so need to look at my options. Steamed vege dumplings seem the way to go. Turn down the softdrink and just have some green tea.

Back in the office, need to remember to get up from my desk and refill my water. Couple of 600 mil bottles drunk so far but want to aim for 4. Remember I have group pt tonight so move my afternoon snack to 4.30.  Have a mandarin & some almonds for the sugar and protein.

Back in the gym by 5.10 and on a bike by 5.20 after a chat with T who will be my team leader. We talk injuries, pacing and general motivation. It's great to see how she cares. Think boxing may be a little ambitious with PT straight after so head to the bike. Do some light interval work and cycle 10km in 30mins. This gives me a couple of minutes before the group PT session to meet the rest of Team Red. We're all pretty excited about the team and its great to see C, one of the member motivators is also a member. Circuit training tonight. Start off with a warm and then a trial circuit (30 secs) each for the of the ten stations (lunges, push ups, medicine ball high knees, kicking, shoulder rows, shoulder press, chest flys, step ups, shadow boxing with weights, mountain climbers) before we move to minute length circuits. Really solid tough workout with the rest intervals keeping the heart rate up.  I change some of the cardio options but keep moving.  The girls are impressed with how hard I can kick the training pell.  We finish with some serious planks and a stretch.  Am tired but feeling good.  My water tastes great.
 
Grab a slim bar on my way out the door as I realise I'm heading to rehearsal and won't eat until after 9.  Rehearsal goes well and I think I've found a new choir to be part of.  Make a light dinner of pumpkin sourdough bread, goats cheese, rocket and fresh tomato.  Pour myself a diet lemon lime & bitters cordial.  Big day.  Now to see how I feel tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment