Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 6 - Ah the weekend

I've got a really busy weekend planned but I want to ensure that I make time for my exercise.  I want to have a strong first weekend to use that for motivation for the following week so set my alarm for 6.40 (to allow for snooze time).   I pull together my clothes for the day, grab a quick bite and a coffee and go. I'm finding that alternating between oats, weetbix and cornflakes is meaning that I'm not getting bored with one particular cereal.

Adele greets me with a smile and I throw my stuff in the locker. I've got a full morning, my own workout, a class and the PT session with Kiah that she reminded me of yesterday so I need to be organised. I set up my bench and weights for pump and then head off to the bike.  I program a hill setting and get stuck in. It's an odd thing but I'm finding I'm sweating a lot more than I normally do when I exercise. Maybe its the humidity at present, it's been really muggy this week.  Dash in to pump at the end of my ride and get going. Haven't done this particular release, really like the music.  This is a full hour class so we hit all ten tracks. The change to my upper body weights is helping. Not getting the shoulder twinges.  I finish the stretch and head out to meet Kiah via a quick dash to change room for deodorant. Its for the common good.  We're not doing boxing. Woot!  I love my boxing but I think I'm just too tired this week.  The half hour with Kiah is tough, not surprisingly I'm fatiguing a bit more quickly than normal but I make it through to the end.

I'm at the Coordinators meeting for the National Folk Festival today so grab an apple on my way out of the gym (thanks Wendy, having the fruit is great!) and head for the bus. I've got a bit of time to kill so eat my apple and have a chat to mum. She mentions that she's noticed that when I'm exercising a lot I've a lot more energy for the rest of my life as well.  It's great to have that external validation.  I'm thinking about the food today.  In hindsight I should have mentioned it to Jess from HR and asked what were my options?  Get to EPIC and grab another coffee.   We settle down to the meeting.   Eventually we break for lunch.  Okay now to see.  Oh! Wraps.  I grab half a turkey/salad wrap and half a vege wrap, a little bit of watermelon and some pineapple.   My other choices are a chicken & mayo wrap (lots and lots of mayo), lots and lots of little sandwiches.  I've gone with the wraps as I know how much I'm eating breadwise whereas lots of little sandwiches and I'll get carried away.

Back into the breakout sessions, really great to meet the other coordinators.  At 4.20 I realise I'm starving so grab another wrap half.   Eventually the meeting breaks up and we go to the Old Canberra Inn for the drinks and nibblies being put on by the Festival.  I'm not in the mood for wine or beer so I get a soda water and lime.  It may become my drink of choice.  The nibbles come out and they are not the healthiest of foods - party snack type food, sausage rolls, cocktail franks, chicken nuggets, meatballs.  I think about it and make a conscious choice.  I'm going to have some but I'm going to pace myself and that will be dinner.  They taste okay but are not fabulous.  I think it's more the social aspect of eating and drinking that is making me want to participate rather than any major desire for the snack foods. They're not things I would normally choose but I'm tired, hungry and they are there.  Better to control it and nibble than go home and binge.   The lovely K gives me a lift home and I flop onto the couch.  Big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment